Norwalk Cove Marina in Norwalk CT is Connecticut’s complete yachting center, conveniently located an hour from New York City. A well-protected, deep water basin at the mouth of Norwalk Harbor, we’re a full service marine and repair facility with top notch facilities and knowledgeable, friendly staff.
The marina seeks an experienced Service Adviser/ Writer to work with our team of highly skilled, long tenured, technicians and service advisors to provide a best-of-class customer experience. The Service Adviser/ Writer should have a strong understanding of marine systems, be highly organized, have strong communication skills, and be a team player. Reporting directly to the Service Manager, the Service Adviser/ Writer will have a key role in scheduling work orders, providing repair and upgrade estimates along with oversight and quality control of repair work. Experience with billing / collections a plus.
- 5+ Years as a Marine Service Adviser, Service Writer or other industry experience
- Strong hands on marine mechanical experience and estimating preferred
- Deep understanding of boat systems and required maintenance
- Ability to supervise and mentor
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with DockMaster software and the Microsoft Office suite, “Connect” and able to quickly learn other software platforms
- Boat handling abilities / USCG license a plus
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who –
- Enjoys working in a high energy, team oriented environment
- Strives for customer satisfaction and safety
- Takes pride in delivering quality service efficiently
Norwalk Cove is also seeking an experienced Diesel Engine / Outboard Engine / Sterndrive Mechanic. Candidates are responsible to identify, diagnose and repair diesel engines, two and four stroke outboard engines and boat systems to include electrical systems, plumbing and rigging. Qualified candidates must be able to communicate with service advisors and the parts department throughout the repair process to aid in the establishment of a proper written estimate/work order. Ideal candidates should already hold certifications in Yamaha, Mercury, Mercruiser, or Suzuki engine repair and maintenance or equivalent from Yanmar, Volvo, CAT or other. Experience with YDIS, CDS, YEDST or other diagnostic programs a plus. This is a full-time position with seasonal overtime.
Compensation commensurate with experience for both positions. Norwalk Cove Marina offers competitive and generous medical and dental insurance packages, paid holidays and vacation time. Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org