CMC MARINE (www.cmcmarine.com) is a leading Italian based manufacturer of electrically-actuated fin stabilizers, thrusters and rudder systems for the mid to large yacht sector. Of all the yachts between 30 and 50 meters delivered worldwide in 2017, 33% were fitted with a CMC Marine system. CMC Marine is based in Pisa, Italy with a service center in Ft. Lauderdale, USA.
To support their global customers and to anticipate further growth, CMC Marine is looking to create a US based team with the addition of a Service Engineer to support customers in the United States.
Please note the following:
· The successful candidate will be required to spend up to 3 months in Italy at the beginning for training.
· This role will require extensive travel.
· Italian language skills are a perquisite for this role, though a second language would be advantageous.
This is an exciting role for someone who has the flexibility to travel extensively including globally and is looking to join an expanding organization with opportunities to advance up the ranks.
The role will be a mix of home and office based depending on where the candidate lives with respect to the Fort Lauderdale based office.
About The SERVICE ENGINEER Role
The Service Engineer will play a key role in the CMC Marine - Customer interface as this person will be supporting installations, commissioning, sea-trials, warranty and non-warranty repairs either on-site, over the phone and/or on-line. CMC Marine has built up a reputation for service excellence and customer support within the yachting community. The ideal candidate will embrace these values to reflect positively on CMC Marine.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Manage and take ownership of a service / commissioning project and be prepared to carry out the required quality control and testing procedures (including dock- and sea-trials)
· Lifting and handling cumbersome and sometimes heavy components, parts and tools
· Must have experience and be capable of repairing mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, electronic and Network systems
· Respecting the unique nature of a luxury yacht in terms of maintaining the cleanliness of the working environment and the fit and finish of other systems, hardware, etc.
· Act as the primary point of reference for a commissioned system throughout the warranty period, supporting the world-wide Service Network to resolve any issues that may arise post commissioning
· Actively contribute to product improvement by providing feedback on issues and system performance to CMC Marine Italy
· Interact in a professional and ethical manner with yacht owners, their representatives, shipyard staff and other trades
· Be on call and work at times during unsocial hours
· Respond to service calls that may include overseas travel and sometimes for an extended period
· You prefer to get the job done professionally and correctly the first time
· You have a strong multi-disciplinary background (mechanical, electrical and electronics)
· You are proactive, self-motivated, able to work independently and ready to pursue an opportunity for professional development
· You are a team player with strong interpersonal as well as communication skills
· You are a good communicator and don’t mind spending the time to articulate your findings in the form of a report at the end of a job
· You are comfortable using software and computer based tools
· You have the skills to collect and analyse data during testing
· You are a problem solver and not just a problem finder
· You are able to travel within and outside US, sometimes on short notice, and are not concerned about flying
· You have a full and clean driver’s license and passport with authorization to live and work in the US
· You are comfortable and physically able to work on yachts which may involve accessing small, tight spaces at times
· You are currently based in the southern east part of the US, ideally within an hour of Fort Lauderdale
· You have either a university degree in Engineering (electrical, electronic, mechanical, marine, etc.) and/or practical and relative experience
· You are fluent reading, writing and speaking in English, conversational and business
· You are confident working independently
What We Can Offer
· A competitive salary based on your experience
· Training period in Italy
· A company vehicle
· Tools and clothing
· Laptop and mobile phone
· Flexible working hours
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com