Wahweap Marina, located just south of the Arizona state border, is our largest marina and home of Lake Powell Resorts. Wahweap Marina can be found at the most southwestern point on Lake Powell and is open year round. Here you'll find our largest fleet of houseboats and recreational watercraft, a variety of restaurants, campground, swimming pools, and lodging.
We are seeking a Service Manager, who will be the onsite leader for Southlake Retail Boat Repair at Wahweap Marina. The position has direct oversight of the mechanic supervisor, parts room supervisor and all shop operations. This includes assigning work orders, scheduling repairs, and coordinating parts ordering. Responsibilities and Functions are as follows below:
- The Southlake Service Manager reports to the GM of Rental and Service Maintenance
- Oversee daily operations of the Wahweap Marine Service Center including Land & Water based Boat Repair operations and Boat Tour Mechanical Operations.
- Recruit, hire, onboard, coach, manage, and schedule mechanics.
- Control inventory and work scheduling for Southlake retail and tour mechanics.
- Maintain necessary work orders and labor tracking for maximum efficiency.
- Schedule out of season repairs and maintenance of private and company owned vessels. Includes dry dock work with paint and fiberglass team, welding team, and third party service providers when necessary.
- Communicate with upper management equipment needs and upgrades. Includes planning for capital expenditures on major items for Southlake Operations.
- Provide leadership and guidance to Supervisory Teams.
- Review, approve and submit Purchase Requests for parts and supplies.
- Must become proficient in the use of software systems including Dockmaster, Kronos, and Activate.
- Deliver quality workmanship in repair and maintenance process through direct guidance, participation, and communication between land and water based teams.
- Prepare for and participate in NPS inspections.
- Comply with all Federal and State laws.
- Comply with all ARAMARK policies and procedures.
- Create and maintain a safe workplace environment. Set the tone for all staff and third party partners.
- Maintain a positive attitude – always be willing to lend a helping hand wherever needed
- Conduct safety meetings
- Develop and share innovative ideas to improve efficiency and operations
- The Manager must have extensive experience in marine repair facilitation.
- The Manager has impeccable scheduling abilities to deliver on production dates.
- The Manager is required to be knowledgeable in USCG rules and regulations.
- The Manager must be able to maintain customer service on all levels.
- Must be age 21 years or older
- Must be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken English
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record showing 5 years of prior safe driving
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and participate in the random drug/alcohol testing pool
- Must have a minimum 5 years of experience in Marine Maintenance and repair
- Must have a minimum 5 years of experience in leading a maintenance crew
Apply HERE for Service Manager: https://uscareers-aramark.icims.com/jobs/190777/service-manager---wahweap-marine-service-center/job?mode=view&mobile=false&width=758&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240
The Marine Mechanic assists senior technicians in all areas of boat maintenance, replacement of components, oil changes, rigging, and operation of boats and equipment. They are responsible for maintaining repairs of all boats and equipment in a timely manner for the safety of all guests.
- Perform entry level maintenance and repair functions including but not limited to oil changes, frame maintenance, tube maintenance, and whitewater rafts
- Be aware of MSDS sheets books and be able to use this information when necessary
- Assist the crew, Kitchen Coordinator, and River Operations Manager with any necessary trip preparation
- Assist in the loading and unloading of rafts from trailers
- Must follow all safety regulations, stay in compliance with WRA’s operations manual, maintain required safety equipment, and follow employee handbook
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must have a valid US Driver's License
- Experience preferred with: Hand Tools, Drills, Saws, Sanders/Grinders, Fork Lift, Crane/Winches, Ladder, Chase Boat, Hand Truck, ATV 4 Wheeler, Welding Machine, Other Machinery/Equipment
- Requires occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling
- Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays
APPLY HERE for Marine Mechanic: https://hourly-aramark.icims.com/jobs/202659/marine-mechanic-%E2%80%93-wahweap-boat-rentals/job?mode=view