Would you like to be a part of an award-winning team that is a leader in marine and industrial markets? Mack Boring and Parts Co. is a fast-growing company headquartered in Somerset, New Jersey. We are a tight-knit, values-driven team focused on delivering an important promise to our customers: providing outstanding service and delivering a premiere customer experience!
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Marine Sales Rep to join our Southeast team, covering both Georgia and Florida. The primary goal of this role is to establish business relationships with assigned accounts, exceeding our customer’s expectations.
Excellence in Role Requires Ownership and Accomplishment of the following:
- Responsible for locating new opportunities, by visiting existing and new customers and dealers.
- Develop, support, and maintain a best-in-class dealer network in the territory.
- Achieve or exceed growth-oriented revenue goals and objectives within the formulated sales plan and operating budget.
- Ensures quotes, contracts and RFP/RFI responses for potential customers maintaining all quote documentation with accurate pricing and configurations.
- Build strong relationships with our customers, ensuring a continuous long-term partnership.
- Must be responsive to the customer’s needs and follow through on all aspects of their requests.
- Maintain a high degree of communication, cooperation, and coordination with multiple internal departments.
- Work closely with the operations team to effectively manage inventory, proper inventory control, liquidation, and inventory reduction projects.
- Make presentations to various groups within the customer’s organization when needed.
- Act as technical representative to the customer, during the initial contact.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of company activities, industry trends & government regulations.
- Manage all events within designated territory, i.e., trade shows, boat shows, tournaments, etc.
- Is constantly increasing knowledge of the diesel industry, gathers data on trends, marketing strategies, new manufacturing techniques, competition, and pricing.
- Responsibility for the OEM partnership, i.e., service, technical support, vendor management, performance testing and contract performance.
- Work diligently to capture marketing content to promote the brands, products, and projects that Mack Boring represents.
Education, Skills and Work Experience:
- BA/BS Degree, or years of equivalent service, in a relative discipline plus 2-4 years of sales experience.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management, organization, and communications skills; oral and written.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Well organized and self-directed.
- Proficiency in the use of Word, Excel, Outlook, and the Internet.
- Highly social individual who is outgoing and friendly, one who seeks out and enjoys client contact and gets along with diverse personalities
- Possesses high energy level, with strong follow up on calls and commitments
- Honesty – acts with absolute integrity in all dealings.
- Will do, positive attitude - strong service orientation -actively seeks ways to help people.
- Effective learner - understands the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Respectfulness - ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, and flexible – a team player.
- Exercises appropriate sense of urgency – has commitment to accuracy and strong attention to detail – is always punctual and meets deadlines
- Has good reasoning abilities and exercises sound judgment to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Adheres and is an example of our corporate values of integrity, excellence, respectfulness, positivity, and perseverance.
- Accountable to fulfilling our Customer Promises.
Specific Job Requirements:
- 60% travel required with overnight stays required.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- OUPV (6-pack) License
Mack Boring offers a highly competitive salary commensurate with work experience and/or education, an excellent benefits program that includes a 401(k) plan with company match, health, dental, vision and life insurance, and paid time off. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants based on race, color, creed color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status. Mack Boring is a Drug-Free Workplace.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Mary Hogan, Director, Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org.