NMEA’s interface standards are recognized worldwide and are implemented in all vessels for the pleasure and commercial global markets. NMEA collaborates with many Subject Matter Experts (SME) from around the world with other standard body organizations such as International Standards Organization (ISO), International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), United States Coast Guard, (USCG), Radio Technical Commission for Maritime Services (RTCM), Federal Communication Commission (FCC) and with SMEs of marine domestic and international electronic manufacturers.
Annual Salary Range:
· $40,000 - $50,000 depending on qualifications and experience
- Benefits Included: PTO by years of service according to the NMEA PTO Policy
- Health Insurance reimbursement
General Job Description:
This position will maintain, revise, develop, research and interpret a variety of technical documents, including but not limited to international communication interface standards, and operating procedures for the Standards Department. This position requires the individual to collaborate with Director of Standards and other Standard Committee Subject Matter Experts to produce clear, organized and accurate documentation within the established procedures. This position is full time and in a remote working environment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and update standards documentation in a standard format following established formats and guidelines (MS Access, MS Word, Adobe Acrobat)
- Must be proficient at editing and managing MS Access databases
- Must be proficient at creating and editing complex MS Word documents
- Product certification verification using NMEA’s custom certification tools.
- Coordinate collaboration website, uploading meeting minutes, and follow up on action items decided
- Participate in Standards Go to Meetings, face-to-face meetings and inscribe and upload notes, action items to web-based filing system
- Produce documentation that can be used both in hard copy and in electronic form
- Capture detailed meeting minutes at technical meetings
Minor Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate meeting schedule to committees using established procedures
- Revise Standard Technical Committee Standard Operating Procedures when necessary
- Revise operational work flows when necessary
- Other documentation and/or work as needed by the Director of Standards
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to self-start
- Must be able to demonstrate to work independently and be a team player
- Must be able to demonstrate trustworthiness
- Must be detailed oriented and a quick learner
- Must demonstrate superior proficiency within Microsoft Office applications especially with MS Access and MS Word. Must be able to create new databases and maintain current databases with MS Access.
- Must be proficient with MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must have working knowledge of Adobe applications
- Must have excellent writing skills, including editing, proof reading and page composition skills
- Must be able communicate and interface professionally and effectively with a variety of technical persons from around the world
- Should have knowledge of and be able to work with Web coding and authoring systems, such as Extensible Markup Language (XML), JSON or Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) would be a plus
- Should be able to understand and convert highly technical language into plain language for readers who use English is a second language
- Some overnight travel and international travel will be required
The NMEA is a non-profit member-driven association. The NMEA produces international standards for serial and networking interfaces for all sizes of vessels for the pleasure and commercial markets. NMEA has an outstanding reputation collaborating closely with other organizations worldwide. NMEA highly values its talented team members working closely together in a team-oriented atmosphere but where creative individuals can still flourish.
Interested parties should email their resume to email@example.com, or call 410-975-9425.