Join a Leader in the Marine Industry!
Groupe Beneteau - Cadillac, Michigan is looking for a Strategic Buyer to join the Supply Chain team sourcing for recreational boat products Four Winns, Wellcraft, Glastron and Scarab.
The Strategic Buyer will lead efforts in exploring, developing, and validating opportunities in cost savings and other supply chain related opportunities. He/she will act as the primary contact with vendors to determine new and/or alternate sources for current production as well as new projects. He/she will work in close collaboration with Engineering, Operations, Tactical Purchasing and Marketing.
The individual will perform vendor market analysis, system analysis, and supply risk analysis, develop TCO understanding and identify improvements to be targeted.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the main point of contact for suppliers to ensure that all expectations are communicated effectively and optimize the material cost of current and new models in collaboration with the Marketing organization, the Engineering team and Production.
- Investigate market opportunities, including internal sourcing and alternative, propose and implement changes.
- Manage the Supplier Selection Process to develop a supply base that provides competitive advantage in quality, value/cost, delivery and technology.
- Prepare and execute negotiation events seeking best TCO agreements and partnerships with key suppliers
- Assess operational risks of current/ potential supply opportunities and perform yearly performance reviews with key suppliers.
- Establish relationships with Engineering and Marketing to be involved in all new model developments and BOM pricing processes.
- Review and commit on Budget material purchasing index
- Assist the Tactical buying team with quality problem resolutions and procurement issues like shortage
- Use and report all activities through Beneteau Group strategic sourcing toolkit.
- Ensure effective contract management follow up activities are in place (e.g. Supplier Agreements, Syteline set up, etc)
- Experience and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
We are looking for motivated, self-starters with excellent communication and negotiation skills. The candidates must have flexibility with schedule /task assignment, this position will require some travel to trade shows and vendor facilities. and be able to support and work in a team environment
Competitive compensation package based on candidate qualifications. Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, Vision, Prescription,401k and Paid Time Off.
Candidates should respond with a resume and salary history to email@example.com
Groupe Beneteau, 925 Frisbie Street, Cadillac, MI 49601 ATTN: Human Resources Department EEO/MF