To augment the Sales Representatives in the field and provide 1st line (helpdesk) technical and marketing support to external customers, assisting them with Yacht coatings product selection, answering application questions, and resolving problems via phone, email or onsite.
- Attend internal training as necessary to keep up to date with the latest technology and application processes
- Assist Field Sales Reps with new product trials and provide adequate feedback to Marketing and RD&I
- Provide appropriate and agreed levels of contact, service and support to ensure sales targets are met.
- Monitor sales against agreed targets on a regular basis to ensure they are met and where necessary the need for remedial actions are identified, reported and implemented.
- Support Awlspec creation when needed to assist sales team
- Manage sales support activities with North America and Canada.Send out appropriate literature to customers as required.
- Promotes the positive company image and develops long-term relations with the customers.
- Identifies business opportunities, pinpoints and tries to resolve existing and/or potential problems and requests support from the upper management.
- Delivers periodical progress reports and proactively submits recommendations regarding the improvements in the approach to the marketplace.
- Cooperates with the other departments in the implementation of approved SMU service solutions.
- Proactively informs the upper management about the required sales support level (including marketing, technical, logistics and control) and cooperates in and coordinates the implementation of the defined activity.
- Systematically updates CRM with valid, accurate and complete customer-related information.
- Has expert knowledge on the features and benefits of available products/services.
- Cooperates with Technical Representative in educating customers on technical requirements of available product lines, IT support tools and non-paint assortment.
- Advises upper management on training types, recruits participants for relevant courses and gains commitment for customer attendance.
- Monitors and reports on the status of formal customer complaint procedure handling. Assist technical and RD&I team on claim management.
- Gets familiar with all applicable corporate as well as site policies/procedures with regard to personal conduct/HSE standards and acts in compliance with all regulations.
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- A real desire to help people
- Positive and optimistic approach to problem-solving with detective-like troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience will be considered
- Solid communications skills; oral/written, IT presentations, public speaking and one to one negotiations
- Strong project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills - communicate effectively with all customer levels (business owners, purchasing personnel, engineering, product users, and internally at all levels).
- The role is varied and requires a real team player who has the ability to manage their time efficiently and prioritize or escalate technical issues to ensure a prompt closure.
- Minimum travel required (10%-20%)
As a leading coatings and specialty chemical company AkzoNobel is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans (M/F/D/V).
TO APPLY: Please submit your resume to Tiffany.email@example.com