Established in 1988, Helmut's Marine Service is the first Authorized Volvo Penta Power Center of both Gas and Diesel Engines in CA, HI, AZ, NV, NM, UT, and Guam. We offer the largest inventory of genuine Volvo Penta parts and engines in the country with the highest standard of service and support. We strive to be a customer-focused distributor of Volvo Penta marine engines and parts. For more information about our company, please visit our website: www.helmutsmarine.com.
This position is responsible for working with our network of Volvo Penta Gasoline and Diesel Dealers to assist and promote engine and part sales. In addition, growing the sales territory by opening new dealers and working with new retail and commercial customers.
· Service existing accounts/dealers, obtain orders, and establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors to increase sales of Volvo Penta parts and engines.
- Visit boat yards and marinas to grow Volvo Penta engines and parts sales to commercial vessels.
· Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
· Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
· Has a firm understanding of our products. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
· Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
· Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Technical background or mechanical aptitude
- A minimum of 1-4 years of work-related skill, knowledge or experience in the marine industry
- A minimum of 1-4 years sales experience
PHYSICAL WORK REQUIREMENTS
- Requires standing; walking; climbing in and out of boats
- Frequent travel by vehicle can be expected in California, Nevada, and Utah on a regular basis. Air travel within the US should be expected on occasion
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Helmut’s Marine Service offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package that includes health as well as a 401(k) with company contributions.
APPLY: Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current.