Serving the maritime community since 1999, RACE Coastal Engineering provides coastal engineering consultation and design to clients throughout the Northeast. We work with residential, yacht club, marina, commercial and municipal clients to improve, maintain and protect their properties and facilities.
The Waterfront Engineering Technician performs field work, CAD related deliverables and provides technical support on marine and coastal engineering projects by: 1) primarily performing site data collection as part of the field operations staff and hydrographic survey crew; 2) convert data collected from field operations and other sources into drawing products within Company standards; 3) prepare supporting documents related to regulatory permit applications, reports and other project deliverables; 4) performing review during construction to verify general conformance with the design; 5) develop earthwork models; and 6) assist in operations and maintenance of company field, vessels and vehicles.
Key responsibilities include, but not necessarily limited to:
- Perform site data collection work with field operations staff.
- Utilize technical software for conversion of site data to drawing product.
- Witness soil test borings.
- Perform Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) to prepare drawings for a variety of uses including, but not limited to, permit applications, design development, construction, and presentations.
- Prepare supporting documents as part of regulatory permit applications.
- Prepare Opinion of Probable Costs (OPCs) of construction projects.
- Perform review of Contractor’s submittals.
- Perform review and/or inspection of construction in progress.
- Operate and assist with management of RACE’s fleet of vessels, vehicles and field operation equipment.
- Other technical assignments at the discretion of Principals and Project Managers.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Degree or Certificates in CAD, Engineering Technology, or Construction Management. Consideration will be given to experienced candidate with waterfront or construction experience.
- Capable use of CAD software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work outdoors throughout the year
- CT Safe Boating Certificate
- Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC) or ability to obtain
- OSHA 10-Hr
- Excellent communication skills for Client and Contractor coordination
RACE offers excellent compensation and benefits, including health and dental insurance, paid holiday/vacation/sick time, and a retirement savings plan.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
RACE Coastal Engineering is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical and learning disability, mental disorder, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, ancestry, genetic information, veteran status, religion or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.