Would you like to be a part of an award-winning team that is a leader in marine and industrial markets? Mack Boring and Parts Co. is a fast-growing company headquartered in Somerset, New Jersey. We are a tight-knit, values-driven team focused on delivering an important promise to our customers: providing outstanding service and delivering a premiere customer experience! We currently have an excellent opportunity for an Account Manager in our Electric Product Group to join our Team on the West Coast covering the following territory: Central America; Canada – Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia; United States – North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, California. All candidates may reside in any of the following states: California, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Colorado, Utah, or Arizona.
Excellence in Role Requires Ownership and Accomplishment of the following:
- Responsible for building strong relationships with our customers and partners (not limited to suppliers, vendors, and factory contacts), ensuring a continuous long-term partnership.
- Manage quotation, contracts, and RFP/RFIs in AOR for dealers and OEMs from inception to placement in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Assist with managing inventory and aged inventory.
- Collect and maintain a forecast for assigned territory.
- Process incoming communications and provide sales support directly to customers.
- Manage assigned sales pipeline including updating Salesforce CRM.
- Achieve or exceed growth-oriented revenue goals and objectives within the formulated sales plan and operating budget.
- Locate and develop new opportunities within AOR by visiting/contacting new and existing customers and dealers.
- Develop and maintain a Best-in-Class Dealer Network.
- Responsible for delegating leads to dealers based on factory and distributor.
- Act as technical representative to the customer during the initial contact.
- Be the lead in coordinating all aspects of trade shows in the designated territory including dealer participation, setup, promotion, and sales during and after the show.
- Is constantly increasing knowledge of the electric industry including marketing strategies, new product or opportunities, competition, and pricing.
- Work diligently to capture marketing content to promote the brands, products, and projects that Mack Boring represents.
- Assist with general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc.
Education, Skills, and Work Experience:
- BA/BS Degree, or years of equivalent service, in a relative discipline plus 2-4 years of sales experience.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in the use of Word, Excel, Outlook, and the Internet.
- Strong ability to learn new programs and procedures, i.e., CRM and ERP.
- Excellent time management, organization, and communications skills; oral, written and telephone.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Well organized and self-directed.
- Highly social individual who is outgoing and friendly, one who seeks out and enjoys client contact and gets along with diverse personalities
- Possesses high energy level, with strong follow up on calls and commitments.
- Honesty – acts with absolute integrity in all dealings.
- Will do, positive attitude - strong service orientation -actively seeks ways to help people.
- Effective learner - understands the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Respectfulness - ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, and flexible – a team player.
- Exercises appropriate sense of urgency – has commitment to accuracy and strong attention to detail – is always punctual and meets deadlines.
- Has good reasoning abilities and exercises sound judgment to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Adheres and is an example of corporate values of integrity, excellence, respectfulness, positivity, and perseverance.
- Accountable to fulfilling our Customer Promises.
Specific Job Requirements:
- 20% travel with overnight stays required.
- Valid Driver’s License.
To apply, please send your resume, along with a cover letter outlining your salary requirements, to Mary Hogan, Director of Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mack Boring offers a highly competitive salary commensurate with work experience and/or education, an excellent benefits program that includes a 401(k) plan with company match, health, dental, vision and life insurance, and paid time off. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants based on race, color, creed color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status. Mack Boring is a Drug-Free Workplace.