The not-for-profit Brunswick Public Foundation has named seven organizations to receive nearly $235,000 in charitable grants for 2018. The recipients:
- Alliance for the Great Lakes, which focuses on conserving and restoring the lakes.
- American Council on Exercise, a nonprofit exercise professional and health coach certification organization.
- American Rivers, which works to protect wild rivers, restore damaged rivers and conserve clean water.
- Fish America has supported restoring marine and estuary habitat, increasing fish populations and advancing fisheries research.
- My School in Motion provides school-wide daily fitness, nutrition, health and wellness program that integrates cardio-respiratory, muscular conditioning and flexibility exercises.
- Ocean Conservancy educates and empowers citizens to take action on behalf of the ocean.
- PHIT America Foundation, a campaign dedicated to increasing the physical activity and fitness to improve the health of all Americans.
Additionally, the Brunswick Public Foundation provides contributions to local United Way organizations serving areas with Brunswick operations that have active employee fund-raising and support campaigns.