The 35th Marlow-Hunter Rendezvous is falling in conjunction with longtime dealer Specialty Yachts’ 50th anniversary this week.
“We congratulate our longtime dealer consistently in the Top 10 in sales and customer service on being in business for 50 years,” Marlow-Hunter LLC president John Peterson said in a statement. "And there isn't a better way to kick off the season than to be at the Specialty Yachts Rendezvous for the 35th consecutive year.”
More than 120 boats are expected for the event at Telegraph Harbour Marina on Thesis Island, one of the Gulf Islands of British Columbia. It starts today and continues through Sunday.
"Our success started with my father some 50 years ago this summer by placing the customer on a pedestal and never taking your eye off of him,” Specialty Yachts owner and president Lawrence Fronczek said in a statement. “It is a constant focal point of our organization as we have now sold new and used over 3,000 sailboats. This year's rendezvous is just one example, although a very visible one, of an extension of our total customer focus, and it all centers around what boating is — fun.”
Other events planned by Marlow-Hunter, its dealers and Hunter Sailing Associations are as follows:
• The 11th Annual Summer Sailstice (original sponsor) (June 21)
• The 16th Annual Southern Chesapeake Leukemia Cup Regatta (July 11)
• Lake Erie South Shore Hunter Sailing Association Rendezvous (July 18-20)
• Atlantic Canada Rendezvous (July 25-27)
• Lake Michigan Hunter Sailing Association Rendezvous (July 25-27)
• Cruising Yachts Rendezvous (July 25-27)
• England East Coast Rendezvous (Aug. 2-3)
• True North Yachts Rendezvous (Aug. 8-10)