Sail magazine announced the winners of its 2017 Best Boats Awards in the December issue.
“Every year we find ourselves wondering what the boatbuilders out there are going to come up with this time around, and every year they more than rise to the occasion,” Sail executive editor Adam Cort said in a statement. “Congratulations again, not just to this year’s Best Boats winners, but the entire industry.”
The winners are named on page 24 of the issue.
This year's team of Best Boats judges included Cort; systems specialist and Sail contributor Nigel Calder; Sail's cruising editor, Charles J. Doane; veteran boat reviewer Tom Dove; and Sail's charter editor, Zuzana Prochazka.
The Best Boats Awards winners are:
- Large Monohull 50 feet and above: Solaris 50 (solarisyachts.com)
- Large Multihull 50 feet and above: Xquisite X5 (xquisiteyachts.com)
- Monohull Cruising Boat 40-50 feet: Catalina 425 (catalinayachts.com)
- Multihull Cruising Boat 40-50 feet: Lagoon 42 (cata-lagoon.com)
- Monohull Cruising Boat 30-40 feet: Elan E4 (elan-yachts.com)
- Small Cruiser: Seascape 24 (seascapeusa.com)
- Performance Boat under 30 feet: VX-Evo (bennettyachting.com)
- Performance Boat over 30 feet: J/112e (jboats.com)
- Daysailer: X-Cat (x-cat.com)
- Systems: XquisiteX5 (xquisiteyachts.com)
For online coverage, including editorial video of some of the winners, visit sailmagazine.com.