Scout Boats debuted the company’s all-new 231 XS Bay Boat and presented dealer awards at its 2016 model-year dealer meeting Sept. 24-26 in Charleston, S.C.
During the welcome dinner, dealers and meeting attendees heard a speech by the most severely wounded living combat veteran, triple amputee Air Force Airman Brian Kolfage Jr., that many found inspiring.
“It was an honor and privilege to have Brian join us for our event and address our group,” Scout Boats vice president Dave Wallace said in a statement. “He and his wife fell in love with our brand and are working with our dealer Legendary Marine in Florida on the purchase of a new 350 LXF. We’re honored to be able to work with Brian as we customize his new model for his needs. We’re all very thankful for his service to our country.”
During the event Scout honored its top dealers and sales professionals from around the world, based on sales figures from the previous year.
The 2015 top dealer award winners were:
- Ted Jones of MarineMax, Stuart, Fla. — Top Salesman of the Year
- Viage Group, Sarasota, Fla. — Dealer of the Year
- Seven Seas Yacht Sales; Fort Lauderdale — Top Dealer
- Hall Marine Group; Mount Pleasant, S.C. — Top Dealer
- Max Marine; Cancun, Mexico — Top International Dealer
- Sportsman’s Choice Marine, Longs, S.C. — New Dealer of the Year
- MarineMax Florida, New Jersey, New York, Texas and Maryland — Top Multisite Dealer
The 231 XS, the new 420 LXF and other models in the Scout lineup were on display for dealers, customers and the media.
During the business meeting, Scout also debuted and launched an all-new mobile-friendly website.