The American Boat Builders and Repairers Association announced its lineup of speakers for its 2014 Boatyard Business Conference.
Registration is now open for the event, which takes place Jan. 22-24 at the B Ocean Hotel in Fort Lauderdale and will update participants on opportunities and challenges facing the boatyard/boatbuilding sector, ABBRA announced.
The conference is titled “Reflect, Rethink, Refocus: Business Leadership for Tomorrow’s Boat Building and Repair Industry.” Speakers include:
• Mark Lindsay, principal, Boston Boat Works/MJM Yachts: “The Practical Application of ‘Reflect, Rethink & Refocus’ for Your 2014 Business Plan”
• Tracy Mandart, AWMA, wealth manager, Regions Bank, Fort Lauderdale: “Succession & Transition Business Planning Is a Hallmark of Leadership”
• John McKnight, NMMA, and Jerry Nessenson, ValvTect: “The Facts About Ethanol, Alternatives and What They Mean for Boatyards & Builders”
• Chris Niles, UBS: “Reflect, Rethink and Refocus on the Economy”
• Jillian Murphy, The Syncretics Group: “Leadership at the Edge”
Members who register before Dec. 8 pay $295 and non-members pay $395. After Dec. 8 rates increase to $395 for members and $495 for non-members.