The American Boat Builders & Repairers Association announced its 2015 executive officers, board of directors and the addition of two new members to its board.
“It’s an honor to be assuming the role of president of ABBRA at a time when the outlook for our industry is as bright as we could reasonably hope for,” incoming ABBRA president Graham Wright said in a statement.
“As an organization we will continue to advocate for professionalism, higher standards and promote best management practices in the boatyard business and offer opportunities for networking and relationship building through activities like our annual Boatyard Business Conference,” he said. “I look forward to the coming year as president of ABBRA and to working with my fellow board members.”
The ABBRA officers on the board are:
- President — Graham Wright, Great Island Boatyard, Harpswell, Maine
- Vice president — Kirk Ritter, Morris Yachts, Northeast Harbor, Maine
- Treasurer — Peter Sabo, Camachee Yacht Yard, St. Augustine, Fla.
- Secretary — Ron Helbig, Noank Village Boatyard, Noank, Conn.
- Past president — John Fitzgerald, Saunders Yachtworks, Gulf Shores, Ala.
ABBRA’s new directors are John Hall Jr., president and owner of Frank Hall Boatyard in Westerly, R.I., and Bruce Rowe, certified marine service manager and director of marine services at Forever Resorts in Scottsdale, Ariz.
ABBRA directors are:
- Cathy Cope, Dana Point Shipyard, Dana Point, Calif.
- Kellie Crete, Gowrie Group, Westbook, Conn.
- Douglas Domenie, Brewer Dauntless Shipyard, Essex, Conn.
- Guy Gauvin, Boston BoatWorks, Boston
- John Hall Jr., Frank Hall Boatyard, Westerly, R.I.
- Michael Keyworth, Brewer Cove Haven Marina, Barrington, R.I.
- Pamela Lendzion, MarineTec Management, St. Augustine, Fla.
- Bill Munger, Conanicut Marine Services, Jamestown, R.I.
- Joseph Parks, Composite System Integrators, Tampa, Fla.
- Randy Ramsey, Jarrett Bay Boatworks, Beaufort, N.C.
- Bruce Rowe, Forever Resorts, Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Michelle Shrider, Washburn Marina, Washburn, Wis.
- Jack Stumborg, Atlantic Yacht Basin, Chesapeake, Va.
- Ed Sherman, ABYC, Annapolis, Md.
- Steve Smith, Akzo Nobel, Houston