Pettit Marine Paint announced several promotions and additions to its sales and customer service teams.
New Jersey-based Pettit said the new hires will help it meet market demand that increased after the release of its award-winning Hydrocoat Eco, coupled with strong sales of its EZ-Poxy2 and Prop Coat Barnacle Barrier.
“This is truly a great time for Pettit Paint,” vice president of sales and marketing Don Zabransky said in a statement. “These changes and additions elevate our customer service department to all new heights while our new sales hires, together with last year’s addition of the Derema Group, position us as one of the strongest sales forces in the industry.”
The changes include:
• Tom Maellaro, who most recently was Pettit’s new product development coordinator, with experience that includes a stint as an outside sales representative, has been promoted to New Jersey sales and technical service representative. His territory includes New Jersey, eastern Pennsylvania, upstate New York and eastern Canada.
• Bill Wolf joined Pettit May 1. Based in Florida, he leads the company’s “Big Yard Initiative” program. An experienced yacht captain, his background includes positions as service writer and project manager for Rybovich Yacht Yard in West Palm Beach and as a sales representative at Sea Hawk Paints. Wolf will work alongside the Pettit sales team on a countrywide effort to strengthen business relationships with boatyards that typically handle vessels larger than 80 feet.
• Rachael Cartwright joined Pettit’s sales and technical service representative team on July 1. Based in the Pacific Northwest, her responsibilities include managing sales in Oregon, Washington, western Canada, Alaska and Hawaii. She has more than a decade of experience in all facets of marine maintenance, repair and service. Before relocating to Seattle, she most recently was general service manager at Ferry Point Marina in Arnold, Md.
• Garrett Falls joined Pettit’s sales and technical service staff earlier this year, with responsibility for the Midwest market. The owner of My Boat Guys and Second Wind Sailing, he has several years of experience in marine service and restoration.
• The recent addition of Ken Wickey strengthens Pettit’s customer service team as the technical service advisor. He previously served in a similar position with a competing company, and Pettit said he has an intimate knowledge of the entire product line. Wickey’s experience also includes a term at Jackson’s Marina on Long Island, where he was assistant dock manager and technical assistant.
• Tim Stark joined Pettit to cover western Florida and the Gulf states, assuming the sales and technical service role that his father, Peter, has held for 25 years. Tim’s experience includes more than 20 years at West Marine, where he led his store to “Company Store of the Year” in 2013.