Sail magazine announced the winners of its 2015 Best Boats Awards.
Sail’s judges spent days looking at nominees in October during the U.S. Sailboat Show in Annapolis, Md.
"It was hard to imagine a greater diversity of modern design styles than those comprising Sail magazine's Best Boats class of 2015,” the judges said in a statement.
The team of judges was composed of systems specialist Nigel Calder; Sail executive editor Adam Cort; Sail cruising editor Charles Doane; veteran new boat-reviewer Tom Dove; and Sail racing editor David Schmidt.
The magazine has put together an extensive online package that includes editorial video of the winners, but a quick list follows:
• Flagship Monohull: Gunfleet 58 (gunfleetmarine.com)
• Flagship Multihull: Gunboat 55 (gunboat.com)
• Monohull 31-40 feet: Xc35 (x-yachts.com)
• Monohull 41-50 feet: Garcia Exploration 45 (garcia-yachting.com)
• Multihull 31-40 feet: Dragonfly 32 (trimarans.com)
• Multihull 41-50 feet: Fountaine-Pajot Saba 50 (fountaine-pajot.com)
• Performance Monohull No. 1-30 feet and under: C&C 30 (c-cyachts.com)
• Performance Monohull No. 2-30 feet and under: Seascape 27 (thinkseascape.com)
• Innovation/Systems Award: Morris Ocean Series 48 GT (www.morrisyachts.com )
• Small Boat: Topper Topaz Argo (www.norbanks.com )
Sail's Best Boats program is sponsored by Raymarine, a FLIR company. Sail magazine and Trade Only Today are owned by Active Interest Media.