Volvo Penta has launched a new training support platform designed to help dealers sell boats powered by its diesel engines.
The Volvo Penta Sales Academy is composed of videos and associated resources that will help salespeople understand and convey to prospects the key features and benefits of the company’s products, systems and service programs.
“The Volvo Penta Sales Academy is the latest effort in our Easy Boating initiative, which aims to make it easier for new and existing customers to enjoy the unique boating lifestyle by removing perceived barriers to entry,” Volvo Penta of the Americas marine sales vice president Jens Bering said in a statement.
Dealer salespeople participate in the sales academy by watching a series of video modules. At the end of each module the viewer takes an online quiz. The initial modules include:
- Volvo Penta history and products overview with a special focus on IPS
- Electronic Vessel Control technology and associated Easy Boating solutions
- Tips on how to demo and sell Volvo Penta systems
- Service and warranty programs that will enhance customer satisfaction long after the sale
- Orientation programs that formally introduce the new owner to his or her vessel
Other modules will be added over time. The platform also includes a toolbox of resources such as product brochures and engine leaflets.
“A key link in the selling process is the boat dealer’s sales staff,” Bering said. “They are at the front line of customer interaction. The sales academy lessons will give them the confidence to demo the Volvo Penta Easy Boating systems — from the dash to the engine room — with all the resources they need for an effective sell directly at their fingertips.”