Information about the World Maritime Technology Conference, which runs from Nov. 3-7 at the Rhode Island Convention Center in Providence, is available via the WMTC 2015 mobile app.
SNAME’s annual meeting and expo — the SNAME Maritime Convention — is incorporated with the triennial WMTC.
Featuring real-time updates to the conference program, the app is designed to enhance attendee opportunities to network and learn about the latest technologies and products.
It allows attendees to:
- Customize a personal schedule for must-see papers, panel sessions, topical speakers, networking events, presentations and committee meetings.
- Browse the list of exhibitors and plan out what to see on the expo floor.
- Browse technical paper author biographies and download handouts.
- Map the RICC and Omni Providence Hotel and get local dining and entertainment info.
- Find out who's attending the conference.
- Post, like and tweet throughout the weeklong event.
SNAME is an internationally recognized non-profit professional society of individual members serving the maritime and offshore industries and their suppliers. Founded in 1893, the society consists of more than 6,000 people worldwide. Membership is open to all qualified applicants.