Yamaha Motor Corp.’s U.S.-based manufacturing subsidiaries are giving production updates as each entity works to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Actions to be taken include furloughs, staff reductions and, in cases where regulations and conditions allow, a return to limited production to support essential businesses.
Yamaha’s U.S.-based manufacturing subsidiaries had announced a pause in production March 23in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
“The well-being of our employees remains a top priority,” said Bob Starr, Yamaha Motor Corp. USA corporate communications manager, in a statement. “Each manufacturer is assessing the regional situation daily in order to protect the health and safety of all team members and local communities while making plans to return to partial or full production.”
Actions including furloughs and staff reductions will commence at the following manufacturing facilities next week:
- Bennett Marine, Deerfield Beach, Fla.
- G3 Boats, Lebanon, Mo.
- Kracor Rotational Molders, Milwaukee
- Skeeter Boats, Kilgore, Texas
- Yamaha Jet Boat Manufacturing, Vonore, Tenn.
- Yamaha Motor Manufacturing Corp. of America, Newnan, Ga.
- Yamaha Marine Precision Propellers, Indianapolis