After yesterday’s announcement that Trawlerfest Newport had been postponed amid the continued shortage of new and brokerage boats, and concerns about the spread of the Covid-19 Delta variant, Newport International Boat Show organizers said that they were continuing to move forward.
The golden anniversary edition of the show will be held Sept. 16-19 at Newport Yachting Center along the downtown waterfront.
“While it is disappointing to hear that Trawlerfest Newport has been postponed, I want to personally reassure those planning on exhibiting at and attending the Newport International Boat Show this September that our 50th anniversary event is moving full steam ahead,” show director Nancy Piffard told Trade Only Today.
“Following ongoing guidance from the State of Rhode Island and the City of Newport, we have planned a safe and enjoyable show for all to attend,” she added. “Unlike Trawlerfest, with its focus on indoor seminars and inventory constraints specific to the trawler market, our outdoor venue will be showcasing the latest and greatest in powerboats, sailboats, marine equipment and services from across the recreational marine industry. We look forward to welcoming everyone.”